Saturday 8 August 2009

The best laid plans...





Now I understand why america appears to be obsessed with aircon. The city heat in summer is so stifling it does make breathing a serious issue! The evenings are perfect though - full of summer buzz! 
    I had great plans to land in NYC then head to Atlanta the next day to catch an Elbow gig. Sadly this ain't gonna happen. All the trains south are booked for days. So Elbow will have to wait for my company til September - their loss ;) It has meant that I've spent a glorious few days rediscovering New York. The best way to find cool places in nyc is to know a new yorker - luckily I do. My second night here I was treated to a night of knocking back the most delicious champagne in the beautiful atmosphere of the champagne bar in greenwich village (warning - just cos its pink and bubbly doesn't mean the hangover is gonna be any less evil - ouch)  http://www.bubblelounge.com/new-york/ I also discovered the best places to hang out are the bars that don't actually look like bars from the outside - again you really have to know someone in the know ;) http://www.macaonyc.com/     

So - plan B - head north...    

2 comments:

  1. Hello there Missy...funny comment about the aircon, just been talking about it with Katherine (Currently 35C in Chicago). Hope you two get to met up. Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey si - yeah we plan to meet up - so fingers crossed
    p x

    ReplyDelete