Saturday 22 August 2009

In the Loop





My visit to Chicago was way too brief, I was treated this time around though. I stayed in a friend’s beautiful apartment rather than hostelling it. This also meant I got to see Chicago from a local’s point of view and was introduced to the very cool, very unique “Richard’s Bar”, possibly the closest I’ve come to a pub since I’ve been here.


I also revisited the museum of contemporary art and the bean, this time in the rain - which was actually quite cool as it meant I could shoot it in a different way.


After doing the cultural thing I of course had to do the shopping thing. I found an amazing chocolate shop where I browsed for a while before buying - and sampled some free choccies ;)


I do love Chicago’s train system. It’s like having the london underground weaving its way just over street level (except that the trains are shiny silver). Very cool. 


I am writing this on the train from Chicago to Philadelphia. It is a long haul and we are running two hours late, with no explanations being given as to why. The staff on this train are uncharacteristically rude and uncommunicative. I also had the worst snorer I have ever encountered in the seat behind me last night. Roll on Philly!

No comments:

Post a Comment