Sunday 30 August 2009

Goodbye Big Apple





After the disastrous hostel experience, my last couple of days in New York were pretty perfect. My new hostel was such fun. It has a huge courtyard where everyone can eat breakfast in the sunshine, clean bedrooms, friendly staff and good vibes. I met some really sweet people there. That is the best part about hostelling - it is such a social way of travelling - and everyone has an interesting story to tell.
        One very sweet thing that happened - I was doing some Soho shopping, and one of the guests from the hostel from hell happened to be in the same shop. She recognised me and came over to make sure  was ok. It's amazing how tiny huge cities can be :)
     I spent my last evening on the roof of one of New York's tall buildings, supping cocktails and watching all the lights come on in the city as the sun set - sublime!

No comments:

Post a Comment