Sunday 23 August 2009

Philly Fun





Philadelphia is beautiful! It felt like a really romantic town. It's a bit sparse on hostels though, and when my cab pulled into a particularly dodgy looking backstreet and dropped me off opposite a club with a plethora of randoms hanging out in the rain gasping on their fags, I felt a little timid. But the hostel turned out to be great fun, clean with lovely staff , even to the extent of phoning round all the local book stores for me to find a copy of fight club so I wouldn't have to go out in the rain. And man did it rain! Big rain accompanied by a crashing thunder storm, lovely stuff. 
      I only had one whole day in Philly so I asked the guy at the desk where I'd find a decent coffee place. He sent me to a cafe round the corner from the hostel, hidden down a cute cobbled street. Possibly the first good cup of cafe coffee I've had in America, and wow the apple cake is mmmmmmm!!! I asked the guys there where a person with one day in the city should go, they drew me a little map to take me to The Mutter Museum. Basically a museum full of preserved diseased human remains - slightly disgusting but fascinating at the same time, I think.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment