Tuesday 11 August 2009

MOMA





Cannot believe I missed MOMA last time I visited New York. Six floors of breathtaking art work. Probably the most impressive collection I've seen. And so many of my favourite pieces - most notably Giacometti, but also "Starry Night", Chagall, Kandinski, Rothko - as well as some impressive new exhibits. I wandered round for hours - something I havent done for years in a gallery. I usually get restless after an hour at best!

I loved the Guggenhiem as well, but for the building not the exhibitions - although some of the design models were very cool.

Well with the culture stuff out of the way I went to my favourite dehli place on Ludlow then caught some rather bland singer songwriter in "the Living Room" - the wine was good though ;)


Right - ten hour train journey ahead of me - I hope niagara is worth it :(

No comments:

Post a Comment