Tuesday 25 August 2009

Goldilocks in New York part 2 (aka - who is that sleeping in my bed?)


Do not stay in the Chelsea Spot hostel if you can avoid it. I arrived there too early to check in, and the guy behind the desk couldn't even be bothered to lift his head off the desk to tell me so. I left my backpack in the unlocked cupboard and went off to kill a couple of hours. When I came back I was told the room still wasn't ready, but I could use the common room if I liked. About half an hour later the guy came and gave me my key (the people at this hostel haven't heard of courtesy or smiling)
     I found my way to my dorm, occupied by all men except for myself. The beds were so close together I may as well have been sleeping with the guy in the bed next to mine - minimal floor space. So I ditched my bag and went out for the evening.
        I guess I got back at about midnight, very tired, very sweaty, very bad earache. I went to my room only to find someone sleeping in my bed. AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH! So I had to spend the next hour trying to find another bed somewhere in new york. The management at the chelsea spot hostel were rude and unhelpful. The rooms are tiny and not very clean. The common area is miserable. There was one member of staff there who was very sweet and sympathetic towards me during my 1am expletive filled rant.
       Thankfully I found a bed at the lovely Chelsea International hostel - which I highly recommend. Its cheap, clean and has a fun atmosphere.

RANT OVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment