Wednesday 29 April 2009

5080 miles, 4 time zones, 7 cities and 14 states ...phew











Wow - I can't believe I actually managed to do it. The most fun I have ever had! So pleased I'm finishing with Frisco as well - this is such a unique place. I love the green tortoise hostel - very funky and very cheap. They even throw in free dinner three nights a week, free breakfasts, free saunas and live music. The atmos is great too - laid back and partyish - if that makes sense. I think the lack of sleep and nomadic lifestyle is starting to adle my brain a little.




Sadly due to a mix up with my flights I'm having to come home a day early, so I've found myself rushing around to fit in the traditional tourist stuff in Frisco. Alcatraz was a really interesting part of my visit - quite chilling. But I also loved my cable car ride, scary though it was, and the seal colony was weird - dozens of lumps of blubber just laid out on rafts. The Golden Gate Bridge is stunning of course and the architecture here is very pretty. But man those inclines - my ankles are killing me!!!




I'm hoping to fit in a few more things before I leave this incredible country - some of the beat haunts would be cool, and maybe amoeba records. But I have made some interesting contacts and great friends. Am looking into doing some teaching over here. I will be back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment