Sunday 12 April 2009

hi chicago





Well the 17 hour train journey from NYC to Chicago actually took about 22 hours in the end - and somehow I managed to be in the only carriage with no heating - but as an alternative we had freezing air blowing on us all night - perfect ;) but the journey was improved due to matt sharing not only his granola bars and pretzels with me - but also his iphone - man I've gotta get me one of those!!! I'm becoming a gadget freak :S 
      But I am now safely planted in Chicago for three or four days - and managed to get about ten hours sleep last night in my thankfully warm dorm. Chicago has a totally different vibe to new york - as the new yorkers warned me it would have. New York felt cosy - Chicago feels BIG! The architecture is stunning - quite breathtaking. Off to investigate the loop today :)

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the glory days of train travel! Love the wires...you'd make a great electrician. What did Easter have in store for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha - yeah i couldnt really fit both plugs in - but i wasnt gonna let that get in my way ;) Easter was surprisingly chocolate free - how was yours?

    ReplyDelete