Friday 24 April 2009

Getting my kicks!











Austin was a blissful retreat for twenty four hours to allow my body and head to recover. Its a lively city - but because the hostel is right on the riverbank it feels like the middle of nowhere. I didnt see any live music in austin, despite the huge choice. I just chilled. Waking up and then sitting on the jetty, watching the turtles heads pop up out of the water as the sun rose - perfect. Then did the ultimate self indulgent stuff later in the day - a girlie shopping trip in urban outfitters and lunch at the wholefood store - including a wine tasting session ;)

The trip from Austin to El Paso was long...but fun. Met up with a traveller from manchester who's also heading to the grand canyon - but he's going via tucson. The train staff laid on a trivia game - and I came third and won a bottle of wine - hurrah! Also met a freight train hopper - what a cool way to travel.

I had my first taste of greyhound travelling last night - as there are no connections by train to Albuquerque - I'd advise people to use Amtrak whenever possible in preference :S
I have arrived in Albuquerque just in time for the local pow wow festivities - should be fun!

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are getting so damn good, woman. I know I keep saying that but that's because they get better with each post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw thanks babe - i should confess that i can sometimes be heard muttering under my breath as i upload "damn this picture would be so much better if kirsten had taken it!" ;)

    ReplyDelete