Friday 10 April 2009





I'm so sad to be leaving New York. It is possibly the coolest city I've ever been. I've also met some great people!!! I went a bit touristy yesterday and spent two hours on brooklyn bridge watching the sun set over manhattan - an awe inspiring experience - worth the whole trip just for that alone. I've had so many memorable experiences here though - in just half a week, as toby pointed out to me. It was great to meet up with New York John and share a few drinks - I did end up having to rush to make it to see The Guggenhiem Grotto - and the canal rooms are a bitch to find. Totally worth it though - they have a really nice sound (thanks so much for the recommendation karen). Had a chat with Mick from the band after the show, he thought he knew me from somewhere. I love all the connections in this tiny world though - we did seem to have a few acquaintances in common :) He said he'd enjoyed being "petra"fied - ha ha! 
        I've got a few hours left before I begin my 17 hour train journey to chicago - perhaps a foolish undertaking as I'm running a slight temperature and every muscle is aching - but I'm already two days behind on my schedule. Off to find a certain irish pub I promised I'd visit ;)

2 comments:

  1. I just read what it means when you see shoes up on the telephone wires like that. Drug dealers throw them up there so people know they can score drugs in the area. bizarre, huh! look for a shoe-less dude if you need some. (kidding)

    petra i can't believe i didn't see you at the Guggenheim Grotto show! I walked around and was talking to both guys after, bought a cd, got them to sign it etc. i was happy when i finally found the place also! i walked about 10 blocks the wrong way trying to find it. that neighborhood is not my usual hang-out. mick was out front when i got there and he remembered my name. they're so nice. i'm looking forward to the summer when they come back for more shows!

    next time you come to town - another nice area for taking photos of pretty buildings at night is the triangle shaped intersection at like, Broadway & 23rd. There are several pretty gold-domed buildings in the area plus the famous Flat Iron building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool - thanks karen - ill be back im sure :)

    ReplyDelete