Tuesday 28 April 2009

la la land











LA doesn't really count as part of my trip - but as it was the classiest train station I've ever been stranded in I thought I'd mention it. This leg of my trip holds the record for being the loooooooooongest. Flagstaff to san Fran is 26 hours...ish. But I did have the adorable James to keep me company for the first few hours - have fun in Vegas James - see you in London for a rematch ;) (so good to finally find someone I can beat at pool)




The trouble with travelling like this is it is heartbreaking everytime you move on - three days in a city gives you just enough time to let you know you wanna stay for longer. Flagstaff was a real surprise as I thought it was gonna be just about experiencing the great outdoors - but it ended up being the most sociable hostel I've stayed in. Twas fun!




The LA to San Fran train was a little more luxurious. It actually had a games room with huge arcade video games, a very witty host (announcing that we were about to experience an unprecedented eclipse of the sun at 5.57 - just as we entered a tunnel - ha ha) and detailed information on places of interest as we travelled through. But still we were treated to freezing air con throughout aagghh!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment