Tuesday 21 April 2009

Sleep deprivation!











Well it seems that the further west I go, the tougher it is to organise my schedule. Travelling from New Orleans to San Antonio was fine, and the twelve hours went by very quickly thanks to a bottle of wine and the shared interest in photography me and Ben had - cheers Ben! But then then waiting from 1am til my train to austin at 7am wasnt as much fun - thank the lord for all night diners and good company.


It was heartbreaking leaving New Orleans as well - that place really gets under your skin, as do the mozzis unfortunately. But it is a very cool place and i envy the friends I left behind - who all still have a few weeks left to enjoy the jazz city.

Austin is a very pretty city though - and my hostel sits right by the riverside on lakeshore - next to america's largest bat colony, apparently. Something to look forward to tonight. Ive also just discovered that My Bloody Valentine are playing in town this evening - excellent. Think I may quite like austin too!!! I guess I will obey the sign that the man standing in the middle of the freeway was holding up - and smile :)

5 comments:

  1. Loving the updates...and the great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers si - good to know someone out there is reading my ramblings ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats cool karen - well if anyone wants to have a look at the rest of my pics they're here http://www.flickr.com/photos/61672717@N00/

    there's not enough time to put that many up on the blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cool looking guy with the pocket trumpet you have got there!!! It only looks a bit like he is feeling a guilty about something... Like not having sent you a audio file as requested! :) (I'll try to do something about it very soon :)
    Keep up the good photo work, and i can't wait to hear some of your music!

    ReplyDelete