Tuesday 7 April 2009

New York at night




The guys at immigration were right - I was crazy arriving in new york without a jacket - after glorious hot sunshine on sunday - it was cold and wet on monday - and it really knows how to rain here!!! So I had three missions yesterday - buy a jacket, shoot the empire state building at night and find my ipod. Soho is fun to shop in - but veeeeery pricey. But I did get me a bargain after mooching for a few hours in the freezing rain. It did take me a while to get use to the enthusiastic greeting on entering every shop :) Emmanuel in mango helped me find a very nice leather jacket at a very nice price ;) 
     The photographing the Empire State Building was tricky - as it was raining and it had turned green - but it was a good way to explore another part of new york - and I found a great deli that served yummy beef bean soup. 
     My ipod turned up this morning - don't think I could've survived all the long train journeys ahead without my adam and joe podcasts!

2 comments:

  1. what happened to your ipod?

    and what were you thinking, not taking a coat, you nutter!? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ipod - long story - but thankfully it had a happy ending :)

    ReplyDelete